Safari doesn't add .com anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejadedmonkey, Nov 2, 2007.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

So ya know how in Tiger and Panther, you could open up safari and type 'digg' into the address bar, and it will go to www.digg.com automatically?

yeah, well when I do that now I end up here.

What in hell is going on here? I don't want to search for digg, I want digg!:mad:

anyone got any suggestions?

P.S. I guess I should mention that this is happening on 10.5

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I don't know what to tell you. I just opened Safari and typed "motorola" and hit enter.

While Safari didn't show me the ".com" in the URL bar, I did in fact end up at Motorola's website.

I picked Motorola at random because I haven't been there before, so I know it's not a cookie or anything in History doing it.

Went back and tried again typing just "digg" and I went to digg.com as well. Maybe you mistyped it one day ("diggg.com" or something) and now that's stuck in your history??

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I just typed digg in the URL bar and it went to digg.com

Sound like you have some software installed from your ISP.Verizon.net

4. rhoydotp macrumors 6502

rhoydotp

by the time you completed posting here and reading the replies, you would have typed digg.com a hundred times! but before you reply to this, just type digg.com again ...

just messing with you :D

5. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

Try using something like OpenDNS and see if that fixes it. Looks like verizon's DNS servers are not set up to go look up the proper IP address for the sites