Safari doesn't like Flash anymore.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ifjake, May 20, 2010.

1. ifjake macrumors 6502a

Something happened. My version of Safari doesn't like Flash anymore. But not all Flash, just certain pages. I can't view the youtube main page, and some pages that have little Flash pieces off to the side will cause it to freeze. Macrumors.com even does it. But I can still view individual youtube video pages. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash, deleting preferences, and nothing's seemed to work. There's something else going wrong and I can't find it. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2. ifjake thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hadn't tried fixing permissions in Disk Utility. Hadn't done that since before Tiger. That used to catch all sorts of things, but less and less as newer OS's came out, so I tended to think it wasn't as necessary. But this time, there was some flash permission fixes in there, and that seems to have done the trick.

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I am having this same problem! Not sure what caused it. (Maybe after I did the lastest security update a few days ago?)

Neither Flash or Javascript is working in Safari. No problem in other browsers, as Firefox recognizes the plugin. Safari keeps giving me error messages whenever it loads pages with flash content.

I tried reinstalling the latest version of Abobe Flash player, but it didn't fix it. This is very annoying and frustrating.

EDIT: Problem solved!
    1. Clicked on Software Update
    2. Installed the lastest version of Java (Update 2 for Mac OS X 10.6)
    3. Flash and Java plugins are now working! :D

Does this work for you, OP?

Attached Files:

• hmm.jpg
      hmm.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
  4. omtatsat macrumors member

omtatsat

had the same problems on Tiger. never found a solution. safari on tiger simply does not work anymoe. updated to Leopard and now have no problems with Flash.