Safari doesn't save my history

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by anonymous4a, Nov 25, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

Safari isn't keeping a record of my history after each session and all of my previous history is gone . I can no longer see website suggestions when I enter the first few letters of a website. This all started about a week ago but before that it was fine . Is there something changed in the settings ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Go to Safari > Preferences > General and see what is selected for "Remove history items:"

3. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Are you sure you're not in Private Browsing mode? No history is stored while you're in this mode (address bar has a dark background). File | Close Window gets rid of the current private window if that's the case.

4. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

For general > preferences .. I selected "remove history items manually" . Is that right ?

I am not in private browsing mode , whenever I quit out of safari and open it back up , I lose all my history from my previous session .

I used to have 1+ years worth of history in safari and up until last week , it's no longer showing up in safari . BUT when I go to

/library/safari/history.plist , I can clearly see history.plist ( about 20 mb)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes.

6. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

ok , so still not working .

7. MrOutlaw macrumors newbie

I had the same problem for the last 7 days
    and didn´t know where it came from.

The solution was to delete all history and data
    via the last option in the history field.

Maybe this will help one another.

Greets from Germany