Safari Download Manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Habusho, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Habusho macrumors 6502

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could recommend a lightweight download manager that also ties in with safari. I know firefox has something like DownloadThemAll. The main use I'm going to have for it is downloading large files with rapidshare, that are divided into like 50 parts. A program that adds a cotextual menu to safari would be the ideal solution and it also needs to be able to resume stopped downloads and have a queue for batch downloads, ie download only 4-6 downloads at a time out of many.
    Any help would be very appreciated.

2. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

I think you should have a look at Macheist and the Speed Download application! :) … (I'm not sure if it'll do everything you want, but I know it integrates with Safari). Hope it's what you need! :)

3. Habusho thread starter macrumors 6502

Download Queue???

I just found a program called Download Queue 1.1 that looks pretty good. I'm not sure if it resumes broken downloads but it looks good so far. Unfortunately I haven't been able to test it more because Rapidshare is down today.
    Anybody have experiences with Download Queue.
    http://www.olivetoast.com/DownloadQueue/

It's more lightweight than speed downloader which seems to throw in everything but the kitchen sink as far as features, most of which I don't need. I just need something to queue rapidshare downloads.

4. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Yea, it looks simpler, and I agree that Speed Download is TOO much! :)

I'm not sure how well Download Queue integrates with Safari though? … (only one thing to do = Test! ;))

5. Habusho thread starter macrumors 6502

It adds a contextual menu. When you right click a link, it adds the option to add to download queue and just adds the download to DL Queue. Right now though it seems pretty buggy for me, it crashes kind of often.