Safari Download Plugin - Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by moonandstar, Sep 23, 2009.

1. moonandstar macrumors member

i have downloaded and installed this plugin from cydia and it works for some files but not all.

my main problem is that sometimes instead of the file i requested being downloaded the following file is downloaded:

download.php

this file does nothing. it happens when i try to download a file from rapidshare or megaupload.

for example a torrent file named myfreebook.torrent will be downloaded as download.php and can't be opened in dtunes or ctorrent.

anyone shed some light on this?

thanks.

2. palckofv macrumors regular

pay 2 bucks for safari download manager. works much better

3. moonandstar thread starter macrumors member

That's the plugin i have and i still have the same issue.

any ideas?

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Do you have the one built into safari? Or the one where it just opens a new tab and you click download? Basically the free or pay one?

5. moonandstar thread starter macrumors member

i have the pay one.

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Well, I have the free one and it works fine with Rapidshare. Just download that too and use the SBSettings Toggle for when you're trying to use Rapidshare.

Also, nobody will answer me, can you download files in the background with the $2 plugin? Like start a download and then browse to another page or close Safari?

7. TheHeadFL macrumors member

Downloading the .php files means the server you are trying to download from has the MIME type set incorrectly. This isn't really a client-side problem.

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Not necessarily correct... As I said, using a different client I download them flawlessly. It could also be a MIME type issue with the client. It may be set up to download a file with a MIME type that it shouldn't rather than the actual incoming file.

BTW, I have a rapidshare premium account and I can't remember if I ever tried it from a free account. I don't think this makes a difference though.

9. moonandstar thread starter macrumors member

downloads do continue in the background.

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Hmm... very nice. Despite it's innability to work with Rapidshare I may still buy it. Although, I don't care much for the overhead of another mobilesubstrate extension.