Safari Download Window Autoclose

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Marinodimare, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Marinodimare macrumors newbie

Up 'till now I've been using Saft to add some functionality for Safari. I used it for two reasons: to open new pages in tabs rather than windows, and to autoclose the downloads window after the downloads have finished. Now, the first reason no longer exists as Safari 5 has this functionality built in. Unfortunately, retaining Saft dramatically messes up the tab functionality, so I don't use it anymore. I still hate it that Safari keeps the download will open indefinitely, though. I know SafariStand provides the option to have the download window close, but SafariStand is much much more than I need.

Now, I know Safari 5 has a new extension functionality, but I'm no programmer myself. My question is whether anybody knows about a small extension that adds the possibility to have the download window close automatically after the downloads close, and not much more?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Glims might work.

Install it, open Safari Preferences and go to the Glims tab and then choose Misc.

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I used to use Glims just for this, but then started to think it was a bit much to install for such limited use.

4. Mark.Lee macrumors newbie

Have you even tried to read his post before throwing that ****** Glims of yours? He was asking about extensions, not addons or plugins.
    Plus, Glims uses SIMBL, which slows down Safari like crazy.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Yes, I have. I know it is not an extension, but Glims gets that done.

And thanks for reminding me after two weeks of silence.

6. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Glims to my knowledge is a ScriptingAddition not a SIMBL plugin.