Safari download window won't show downloads.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hoodawah, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hoodawah macrumors newbie

Last night, I was trying to download Xcode 3.2.5 and it wouldn't show up in my downloads window.

This is what it looks like. as you can see, it says the number of DLs at the bottom of the window.:confused:
    Screen shot 2010-12-21 at 3.56.11 PM.png

The file DOES download, but for some reason, it just wont show up in my download window. PLEASE HELP! :eek:

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Open a Finder window, look for the icon on the left that looks like a house, click on it and then navigate to a folder named Downloads. Your files will be there if the download was truly successful.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

See whether the same issue occurs when logged into a different user account.

4. Branskins macrumors 65816

Are you using Private Browsing? When you are, downloads do not show up in the download window.

5. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

This is false because since 2005 (my first Mac) I've used private browsing and they've ALWAYS showed up in my downloads window. Except for today... I updated to 10.6.6 and now the downloads window appears blank, but shows a number greater than zero indicating something IS downloading. Additionally, the downloads folder is spring-loaded in my dock, and I can see the file downloading there.... it's just the window that's broken. Help?

6. kibbles0515 macrumors newbie

Similar issue...

I've been having a similar problem. Whenever I download a file, the downloads window refuses to open. I can open it manually, but I'd much prefer it if the downloads window opened automatically. Is anyone else having similar problems?

7. sajmahal macrumors newbie

Open safari and click on preferences. There is an option (under general) to open "safe" downloads after downloading. If your download window is not open when you download a new file, it will open automatically upon completion.

Let me know if that helps.