Safari Downloads open new window/tab

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jenni8, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Jenni8 macrumors member

For a while now, when I download something on safari, a new tab or window opens automatically. Now this isn't an issue with links in general, as links work as I specify: They open in the same window unless I ask the link to open in a new tab or window. But specifically ONLY with download links, either a tab or window opens up EVERY TIME. No matter how I set the tabs to open or not.

This has been an issue that started before I upgraded to ML from Lion so my recient upgrade would have nothing to do with that. Their MUST be something I can do as Safari didn't used to do this. I've looks through some tweak tools such as Onyx or Secrets to see if their is some box I accidentally checked or unchecked or something. Nothing is specific to Downloads in any of the Safari preferences. I've searched and searched for an answer and only come up with the general link features. I did find one person with my same question. Their problem didn't appear resolved. The suggested fix was to delete the downloads.plist which didn't do anything but clear my recent downloads.

Any suggestions? This forum is awesome due to all those on here that help out in a big way. I appreciate any help offered in advance.

2. creepyjeeper macrumors newbie

X2. not a huge deal but would like it to go away.