Safari Downloads Window Does not Show Downloading Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DougJrS, Nov 7, 2009.

1. DougJrS macrumors regular

Good Evening All,

I started having an issue with Safari this afternoon with the Downloads windows not showing the files that are downloading. The Downloads window will show the number of files downloading at the bottom of the screen, but the window is completely empty of files. The files do download, but I would like to be able to see the status of the downloads.

Any ideas on how to get the downloads to display again? I have tried resetting Safari and rebooting, but no luck so far.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Same thing is happening here. Reboot didn't help.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have any Safari plugins installed? For instance, having Speed Download, or another download manager, installed is a common cause of this behavior.

5. Moldiver macrumors newbie

Safari download solution

Hi Doug,

I had exactly the same trouble, and was able to fix it by deleting my <home>/Library/Safari/Downloads.plist file. That removed all the files I already had in there, but when I put them back they were all visible (yay!).

I hope this helps!

Brett. (Safari 4.0.4, Snow Leopard 10.6.2)

6. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Just found this thread because I'm having the same problem. Deleting downloads.plist didn't do it for me... (Safari 4.0.4, SL 10.6.2 as well).

What can I do?

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

You could try logging in under a different User Account to see if the problem also exists there.

8. zann macrumors newbie

Downloads Not Showing Up In Safari

I've had this happen before also. Here is what I did. Download an Application Uninstaller/Remover called Appzapper. Save your Topsites links and export your Bookmarks, both into a separate folder on your desktop. Call it Safari Stuff or whatever. Redownload new version of Safari. Close old version of Safari. Uninstall/Remove present version of Safari with AppZapper. Reinstall new version of Safari. Then import your saved bookmarks from the Safari Stuff folder, where you saved them, and then remake your Topsites page with the Topsites links that you also saved into the Safari Stuff folder. Or you could just try downloading and reinstalling Safari and see if everything works after that. Using AppZapper is to ensure that you get rid of every corrupted Safari file from the previous version, before you do a new Safari install. Everything worked fine for me after deleting and reinstalling Safari.

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

May we know how you came upon this thread?

10. MBPMem macrumors newbie

Hi Peeps,

I had the same problem a couple of days back, i realised there's still no solution here. Well I came upon the solution by mistake while backing up all my stuff for a re-install of the OS. I removed EVERYTHING that were in the download folder and just downloaded something and it seems to be working fine. It worked for me, I hope it works for you guys.

Take care people.

Mem

11. Barroness03 macrumors newbie

Safari Downloads window fix

I was having the same problem and was able to fix it by clicking on Safari, Preferences, Remove download list items--I changed this to when safari quits instead of upon completion of download. After I did this, I was able to see the full download and access it from the Safari Downloads window again. :apple: