Safari drops out back to home screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Roy Hell, May 22, 2008.

1. Roy Hell macrumors newbie

Has anyone else experienced safari constantly dropping out and going back to home screen. This has also happened with other applications, sometimes when I open music and play a new song, but safari seems the worst.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I have experienced this same issue. I usually just do a reboot and that seems to clear it up for a while.

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

The main reason it happens is because you are on a website that is a CPU intensive site. Also, you may have too many tabs open, and it's using a lot of RAM. Also, you can view the crash reports on your iPod (assuming you have it jailbroken) and see why it is doing it.

4. micha10589 macrumors member

micha10589

Hi, I know it's been a while - but maybe this is helpful.

I've purchased an iPod Touch 8GB 2 days ago. Safari and everything else works fine at my home WiFi network and at work's WiFi.

But at a friend's house, on his WiFi network, Safari kept closing and going to home screen. It's clearly because of this router/network because this only happened there and repeatedly. Could this be the issue for your iPod too?

I'm not very happy about that - anyone knows a solution to this?

5. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

The Safari issue has been happening to me since pre-2.0. I agree with a previous post, it's just when site's are CPU-intensive. As far as music, I don't have a clue. :confused:

However, when the device crashes while using 3rd-party apps, well, welcome to the world of PC :p

When you allow all kinds of 3rd-parties onto your device, bugs are unavoidable, unfortunately. :(

6. kepner macrumors 6502

I find that a Safari crash happens most often when I'm trying to scroll while a page is loading... so I've learned to wait until it's finished loading (or press Stop if I think it has loaded enough) before I try to scroll or zoom.

7. Roy Hell thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all,
    I took everyones advise and no longer, or rarely crash.
    So, if anyone else is suffering, close tabs, give pages and applications time to load. Shut down from time to time, (I thought I was shutting down when I was sleeping), and when all else fails reboot.
    At the time of this post I was not jailbroken, no 3rd party apps and pre 2.0, I think the Wi-Fi post is a different problem.