Safari Dumping Downloads to Trash

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merc669, Jan 9, 2008.

1. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Been having an issue with Safari that when I download anything it shows up being downloaded. But the downloads are sent to the Trash Folder. I rechecked the Safari settings and have it set for the Downloads Folder and reentered it with no help. Any reason for this or a way to correct? Thanks!

Bill.....:apple:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. If you manually place a file into the downloads folder through Finder, does it then move to the Trash?

3. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

No...Which is strange. But am going to try something I saw you and others mentioned in another thread. Remove the plist in my home library directory and then reset Safari. Hopefully maybe its a corrupt config file. Thanks!

Bill.......:apple:

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Did you try setting the download folder location in Safari's preferences? Maybe set it to the desktop or something and see if that works, and then change it back to downloads?

5. merc669 thread starter macrumors 6502

merc669

Thought of that to. So went into preferences and remapped it to my ~/home/download directory. It was mapped to my hard-drive download directory vice my home download directory and thought that be it. Did not help. So tonight am going to reset Safari and remove the plist in home library/preference directory and see if that corrects it. Thanks much!

Bill.....:apple:

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew