Safari Enhancer alternative?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by badlydrawnboy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I used to use Safari Enhancer on Tiger, but it's out of development. I discovered Saft and SafariStand for Leopard, but one thing neither of them can do (as far as I can tell) is limit the number of days and items on the History menu. In my experience, limiting this menu can really speed up Safari.

Also, there was an app called SafariSpeed that allowed me to disable the "page delay" built into Safari. That also helped speed up Safari in the past. Does Safari in Leopard still have the same delay built in, and how can I disable it?

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

Leopard's Safari has the option to "Remove History Items" after one day/week/(two weeks)/month/year/manually already built in. Would that not work?

Also, there is a version of SafariSpeed that is compatible with Safari 3, so you might be able to get it to work using the instructions and/or add-on apps in this thread.

3. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

One day is too little and one week is too much for History. Two or three days would be best for me. Oh well.

Thanks for the tip on SafariSpeed. May not be necessary - Safari goes pretty well on Leopard.