Safari Enhancer alternative?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NEENAHBOY, Feb 27, 2008.

1. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

I've already found Saft, but unless I'm mistaken it doesn't let you identify Safari as a different browser (IE, for the purpose of this discussion). Is there something that will let me do this?

Otherwise, is there a Firefox extension that can do this? A few cursory searches have turned up nothing.

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just use TinkerTool to turn on the Debug Menu. The Debug menu allows you to do that without any plugins.

TEG

4. NEENAHBOY thread starter macrumors 6502

The User Agent selector in the debug menu keeps defaulting back to "Automatically Chosen" whenever I try to access a page using the IE setting.

5. danny_w macrumors 601

Everybody seems to love Saft, but I can't figure why. It certainly isn't because of their website - it has got to be the worst I have seen in a long time. They don't even list anything at all related to Leopard on their homepage for Saft, and the comments haven't been updated since January 2007! I have tried it in the past but gave up in frustration trying to learn how to use it.

http://haoli.dnsalias.com/Saft/index.html

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Go to the page, then change the setting, it will reload with new settings. If you just want to appear online as a different browser, have only one window/tab open change the setting and surf.

TEG