iPad Safari experiance ruined on ipad

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Silver78, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Silver78 macrumors 6502

Silver78

I use safari on ipad most of the day.. 99,5% of my ipad use is safari.
    Since the update safarai surfing has become horrible...so horrible that i actually think about dusting of the old netbook untill apple fixes this!

Often safari just crashes when opened (after a blank safari screen)

When I do a search in google search engine safari does not respond for about 10 seconds...I cannot press any links during that period.

I have to tap to full screen on you tube videos to start them.... Most the problems I have relates to google.
    image.jpg

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you tried any other browsers to see if they behave differently?

3. Estlander macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem on my iPad mini retina. So annoying.

4. poe diddley macrumors regular

I must agree with the OP. Safari has turned into a pile of hot garbage on my iPad mini. Constant reloading for no reason, screen turning white while scrolling, the fact that the bookmarks pane doesn't vanish when I click a link and I have to manually turn it off. It's terrible. I really hope it gets repaired soon in an update or I will consider attempting to downgrade to ios7 if I can figure out how to.

5. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Just for the heck of it, at least try completely clearing safaris cache and also do a network settings reset. It can't hurt and at least gets rid of lingering cookies and stuff that might be causing some grief.

Safari on my Air has been stable as a rock. Running 8.02. I usually never have more than a few tabs going at once but it's been great nonetheless.

6. mustbepbs macrumors newbie

Ever since I switched to chrome I haven't had any issues with weird web pages or tabs reloading constantly. It's not a ram or OS issue, it's safari and it sucks. Try another browser.

7. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

iPad 4. I switched to another browser. I hope they fix Safari in 8.1.