Safari Export to Address Book - It's possible in Mail ....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jagardner1984, Mar 27, 2009.

1. jagardner1984 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Just wondering here - I adore the feature in Mail that recognizes contact info and offers to add it to an existing contact or create a new one. My question is, is something similar available in Safari - or another browser? I have found a workaround by mailing contents of the page to myself - which is instant as I am on MobileMe - however, it is still a few more clicks than I'd like !!

Does anyone know a way of getting similar behaviour in a web browser as you can in Mail ? I don't even mean doing it automatically necessarily - just selecting the text and sending to address book would be fine for me ....

Many thanks for your help.

2. calebmedia macrumors member

I have been looking for this same thing. As people have been asking about it on my Mac blog. I did find this microformats plugin but it only recognizes hcards.

My brother and I are working on some scripts/plugins to see if we could pull this off via right click or something. We will keep you updated.

This would be a great feature for Snow Leopard to include dont you thing?