Safari extensions problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Intelligent, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Whenever i install an extension, after quitting the browser it just gets removed, i have tried this with a lot of different ones so i know its not just one single extension, i also just have one extension and my extensions folder is 2GB?

2. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Are you trying to download the extensions from Safari Preferences or Safari Preferences Gallery? --Because I had that problem too. Not with every extension though, just a few. However, I found that I could download the troublemakers & they'd "stick" if I went to each Developer's website and downloaded directly from there.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Installed Safari extensions and their settings are stored in the user folder below. Open Finder then hit shift-command-g (all three at once) and pasture in the path below then hit enter. This will display to local storage folder contents.

Install a couple extensions and you should see entries in this folder for them. Is that not happening?

Code:
    ~/Library/Safari/LocalStorage
    Are you maybe running an app that auto cleans browsing history or cookies. Some of those app delete local storage and will cause this problem.