Safari extensions? Saft, Glims, other?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pit29, Feb 25, 2009.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

I'm just wondering - do you guys use Safari extensions, and if so, which? I used to use Saft, Inquisitor and Safariblock. Just run into Glims today - how do you like it compared to Saft? Obviously, it runs with WebKit nightlies which Saft does not, that's a point.

As for adblocking - is Safariblock state of the art, or do you recommend something else?

I'm curious...

2. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i am an AVID user of Inquisitor. and i hope they update it for safari 4 fast. However i just ran into glims today, and it seems like its inquisitor, but with more features. Unfortunitly the instant google search is not working with safari 4 yet either.

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I've run Saft and Inquisitor in the past, recently have been using just Glims. It's really nice, between the search suggestions (work better than Inquisitor) and the thumbnails in Google searches, which are the main things I notice from it.

jW

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. glasserp macrumors regular

After downloading the Safari 4 beta, and then the glimsB13 (the latest version), I ran into an issue where I couldn't use keyboard commands or any typing within (just) the downloads folder in Finder. I had the option to create a dated folder for downloads enabled. I couldn't press command-delete to send anything to the trash or rename any files. I fixed permission and restarted but it came back. Anyway I removed glims yesterday and it has worked since. Anyone else experience this?

6. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Does glims have the instant google results on safari 4 yet?

7. pit29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pit29

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Since they're free, there's no downside. I figure what one doesn't catch, the other one will. If I had to choose one, I'd stick with SafariBlock, as I prefer the interface a bit more. All I know is I rarely see ads.

9. danb77 macrumors 6502

Ahem, both will be slowing down your browsing. I would stick to just the one....

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not true at all. Browsing is blazing fast.... practically instant for most sites.

11. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:For adblocking use the one on the link to apples site works with safari 3@4!:apple: No hack and state of the art!

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Use what??? What hack?

13. Surely Guest

Surely

Which one?

I've been using Safari AdBlock..... is there a noticeable difference with SafariBlock?

I just installed Glims today..... so far, I really like it. I like the full screen mode, the tabs preferences, and the thumbnails in google searches. I'm looking forward to the developers fixing the Search Bar features.

I used Inquisitor prior to updating to Safari 4 beta, and i was happy with it, but there are more interesting features with Glims.

14. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i am not impatient, but i cannot wait until inquisitor, or glim get search featured updated for Safari 4!

15. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just found out Glims has been updated for Safari 4 beta. Glad to see it back!

jW