Safari - Facebook thumbnails not loading

Discussion in 'macOS' started by celban, Dec 15, 2010.

1. celban macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've been having issues with Facebook.com on my safari browser. The thumbnail pictures and profile picture will randomly not load. Hitting refresh may or may not fix the problem sometimes.
    I'm not too sure what causes this, I've done lots of searches and I haven't found anything similar to this. If anyone has any advice on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm running Safari 5.0.3 with adblocker as my only extension (I've disabled it and the problem still occurs).

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

After recently rejoining Facebook I've noticed this as well. It's kind of annoying.

3. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I've been having the same issue with Facebook not loading thumbnails for me when using the IE9 beta but I thought it was just related to that browser.

4. anametoremember macrumors newbie

Safari Facebook thumbnails not loading

I've been having the same problem in Safari and Facebook for months. The cursor spins in the address bar during my entire session, and only some of the profile picture thumbnails to the left of people's names show up. Once in a great, great while, all the pictures will suddenly load and the cursor will stop spinning. But this has very much been the exception. I've been so frustrated with it that I was thinking of reinstalling Safari, but haven't wanted to do that. If anyone knows of a solution, I'd love to find out what it is. Thanks. I'm running Safar 5.0.3 and am up to date on all software updates from Apple.

5. zzzCookie macrumors newbie

zzzCookie

Hi all, I am also experiencing this problem on Safari 5.0.3. Currently, the only solution I can find is closing the tab and reopening another one. However, the problem will occur again. Does anyone else have a solution or do we have to wait for Safari to be updated? Thanks in advance.

6. hazemraafat macrumors newbie

This is how to show facebook thumbnails

easily more than u imagine
    in 4 steps only
    1- deactivate your facebook account "choose temporary"
    2- empty safari cashe
    3- reset safari
    4- go again to facebook and activate your account
    hahaha and that's it
    it was an error on facebook site itself ... just a conflect !!! :):eek: