Safari "Find in Page"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by danb77, Aug 10, 2013.

1. danb77 macrumors 6502

What happened to this feature? I can't search in page from the omnibar. Surely find in page hasn't disappeared. How can I find it?!

2. fabytmHD macrumors regular

Simply type what you want to find in the unified bar and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list!

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's still there....

Attached Files:

4. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

You just type a keyword into the unified search bar, and the bottom results under 'On This Page' take you to various parts of the page. Same as ever. :eek:

Edit: Well, jeez, now I'm redundant.

5. danb77 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I never knew it was there either, but now that I've seen it I think it's a good implementation.

7. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

it's exactly how it was before, except there's an omnibar now...

8. SarahW macrumors newbie

"Find in page" really complicated now

This change, at least in safari IOS7 for the ipad, has ruined the feature and since I use "find in page" so much, it actually makes me more miserable than any of the smaller irritations.

In IOS 6, with the dual URL and search box, find in page

1. kept the page in view at all times
    2. kept the URL in view at all times
    3. worked like magic with touch 0 (enter term in google bar, the popup keyboard would auto-fill with the term with a touch. and it was a simple matter to add a letter or re-spell or whatever)
    4 the toggle buttons to go back and foraward through matches were right handed ones, large, and spaced so that stepping through the matches was easy, seamless and it always worked.

In IOS7

1 you must overwrite the URL with the search term
    2 you must leave the page you have been viewing travel to a new page,
    3 you must scroll down, and scroll down ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM through long lists of options
    4 when you select the term for find on page, only THEN does the keyboard pop up with a "find in page" bar at the top of the keyboard. To page through, however, you have to go to bottom left of the page
    and tap arrows too small and close together , and with the left and less dextrous hand, to go up or down through the matches

5. worst of all, it doesn't always return results even when the search term is on the page where a search was desired. It returns a false "no matches" even when there are matches.

It's klutzy and takes too long, and is of all things, NOT an improvement.