Safari, FireFox and Chrome problems started 1-18-10

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dmbisgood, Jan 18, 2010.

1. dmbisgood macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I used to have a name on this site but haven't used it in 4 or 5 years so I had to create a new one.

Anyway, I started having a problem with Safari today. Every time I would go to ESPN.com or gmail it would freeze up, the spinning rainbow would come up and I would have to force quite the app.

I thought it may just be a problem with Safari so I downloaded the latest FireFox and Chrome and to my surprise they began freezing up too doing the same thing.

I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this or not but I wanted to check. I've got a 13" MBP w/ the 2.53 GHz Core 2 duo and 4GB RAM. I ran a software update yesterday afternoon/evening when prompted to, but didn't check to see what it was. I do know it was one that didn't force me to do a restart. I thought the problem could have come from that but I am not sure.

If anyone else has had this problem or has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. Collider macrumors regular

Have had the same issue about three times now, and I'm about 98% certain it's Flash.

Only means of fixing it I've found is to uninstall / reinstall Flash Player, and then immediately restart the computer. Not fun. Here's hoping the next OS update finally gets around to fixing this.

Hope that helps.

3. Prospekt macrumors regular

Maybe try the flash 10.1 beta? I'm not sure but it definitely sounds like a flash issue.