Safari & Firefox are extremely slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gerlitzappel, Jul 2, 2007.

1. gerlitzappel macrumors regular

Loading websites takes about 20 seconds in both Safari & Firefox. I am getting my full 3Mbps download speed when downloading large files. I have done the disconnected/reconnect of all cables that BellSouth recommends. I have cleared all of the cache files using utility software. Does anyone have any other recommendations that I can try, other than contacting the phone company?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did this suddenly occur? Is your machine otherwise performing at full speed? :)

3. gerlitzappel thread starter macrumors regular

as far as I can remember. It's not like it happened while I was sitting at the computer. But I had been noticing slow page loads. I even clocked them in Safari & Firefox to compare, it's about 30 seconds in both. My computer seems to be running fine otherwise.

This morning I relocated my DSL modem and plugged it into my AirPort Express. Now pages are loading in a snap.

I guess it's fixed for now. Thanks for your reply though.

4. Fahrwahr macrumors member

My BellSouth, err, "The New AT&T" DSL was acting up a couple of nights ago. I got frustrated and stopped trying, and the next day it was behaving well again.