Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pees330

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Like the title says since Snow Leopard when I go to websites with a flash video player built in it beachballs my internet browser endlessly until I force quit. It is very frustrating. I have reinstalled flash player many times. Youtube works fine, but Hulu is impossible to watch. This makes a good portion of websites I visit not even functional.

Just looking for any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Like the title says since Snow Leopard when I go to websites with a flash video player built in it beachballs my internet browser endlessly until I force quit. It is very frustrating. I have reinstalled flash player many times. Youtube works fine, but Hulu is impossible to watch. This makes a good portion of websites I visit not even functional.

Just looking for any suggestions on how to fix this problem.

I have Flash problems with Hulu also. I've already reported here elsewhere. I called Apple today and they tried to tell me it was my Internet speed. I've been tracking that and I don't believe that is an issue. Note, the Hulu beta stand alone application works just fine. I just get choppy video when I use Safari or Firefox under SL. Oddly, I'm getting this in either browser if I use a full screen size pop out window. If I use Hulu full screen under a browser I don't get the issue.

My best solution to date is to use the Hulu beta application. In fact it works better under SL than it did under Leopard.

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

withe011

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2008
Same issue

I'm having a very similar issue. It only started after I installed Snow Leopard. The specific issues that I've noticed are:

1) Gmail will hang up when uploading attachments with the progress bar enabled.

2) Youtube and Hulu both work, but are sometimes slow to respond to mouse clicks on the control buttons. Sometimes the controls just don't work at all.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with these types of problems. I hope we find a fix soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.