Safari/firefox with LION don't load pages! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maxfly80, Aug 21, 2011.

1. maxfly80 macrumors newbie

Hi, i have a MBP mid 2010, with LION and the last update 10.7.1, and after this last update both safari and firefox don't load some pages, for example, apple.com, facebook, some forums, and others.

FIrefox is version 6.0 and safari 5.1, I'll already tried to reset browsers, empty cache, cookies and all, delete the plist file..

I really don't know what to try, please anyone have a suggestion? :(:(:(:(

thanks

2. PS65 macrumors 6502

So are you saying some pages do load?

What message are you receiving? How are you connecting to the internet and are you sure there are no connection issues?

3. maxfly80 thread starter macrumors newbie

No message, for some pages only blank page and it get stuck there, for other pages they load something and then they stop.

I'm connecting to the internet thought a dsl router with the cable connected to the mac, no wireless and i'm almost sure there are no connection issues because i regularly use it from a year and nothing change since there and i regularly use skype, mail, downloads, and open a lot of other website.

It loook likes the browsers have problem loading some component of some website but i have no idea about what.

Yesterday I tried to download for the first time chrome, just it works, but was exactly the same.:(

With only Lion everything was working fine as i remember, the problem started in coincidence after the update to 10.7.1

thanks in advance

4. itsmeaf macrumors newbie

I had exactly the same happen to me. I checked the DNS and it was set to 198.162.1.1 (or something like that).

Try setting the primary and secondary DNS setting to something like
    203.109.129.68 in "System Preferences->Network->"Your connection"->Advanced->DNS->DNS Servers.

Probably best to use ISP's servers.
    Hope this works for you.