Safari First Screen When Trying To Access Internet - Can You Change Default Size?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gandalf72, Aug 8, 2008.

1. gandalf72 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have a question in relation to Safari on the itouch. Currently when I try to access the internet the page is so tiny you cant make out what is on the screen.

Is there anyway to change the size of opening page so that it is at the point where you can actually see the words on page. I think it would be set somewhere like screensize of 25% if it was in a pdf view.

Thanks in advance.

2. =Shadow= macrumors member

This is not necessary unless you can't be bothered to take 1 second to zoom in.
    If you are unsure of how to do this, there are two ways: One, double tap on a portion of the screen to zoom in a bit. Double tap again to zoom out. Two, pinch your screen outwards or inwards to zoom in and out more freely.

3. gandalf72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Shadow,

Thanks for the reply, For me it is very necessary as the text is so tiny it is not legable. I know how to do the pinch movement to make things bigger.

I dont want to accidently double tap the wrong section and open up a link I didnt want etc hence why I asked the question about changing default size.

I appreciate your reply and thanks for responding. Do you know of a way to do what I was asking or can anyone else shed any light on this please.

Thanks in advance.

4. =Shadow= macrumors member

Well, one thing I have noticed is that when you create a link to the website onto your homescreen, when you open up the link you made, you will end up in the same place you were.

Basically just go to your website, find the spot you want to appear when you tap the icon that brings you to that page, hit the plus sign and add it to your homepage. Even after rebooting, you should still end up in this spot that you saved.

If however you wanted it so it fits neatly on your iPod, (like viewing Google in Mobile Mode rather than Classic) then that is up to the website creator. (You can't do that yourself.)