Safari Font Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AChang721, Mar 10, 2011.

1. AChang721, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

AChang721 macrumors newbie

PLEASE HELP! I have an annoying font issue in Safari that wont go away.

I added some fonts into the Mac HD>Library>Fonts file earlier today. Since then, I have noticed that the key words entered into the Safari spotlight results in a weird font readings. (See screen shot example below) The problem seems to only affect Safari and no other applications. The problem does not replicate on Firefox, Mail, or any other app from what I can tell.

[​IMG]

I've tried the following to resolve the issue with no success:

Using Font Book, cleared duplicate fonts and removed fonts with critical issues. Then, I cleared the Safari cache, and trashed the "com.apple.Safari.plist", and reinstalled Safari using the applications disc. Also cleared all font caches using Font Nuke. Also checked Safari>Preferences>Appearances to make sure the fonts were set to default and the Default Encoding was set to "Western (ISO Latin 1)." None of these troubleshooting methods seem to work.

Does anybody know what the problem is? I would greatly appreciate any help or insights.

Attached Files:

2. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

My advice would be to delete those fonts, then check again.

3. AChang721 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved. Opened Font Book, clicked Web tab on the left column, right clicked on font and disabled family. Done.