Safari for Mac OS X Leopard Seed 9B4014 on ADC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MKnight, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MKnight macrumors regular

MKnight

Fixed in This Build

This build contains a significant number of bug fixes. Here's a sampling:

- Huge plain text pastes are now much faster
    - Photo uploading to auction websites now works
    - Safari now logs unsafe javascript to system log
    - Writing direction shortcuts now implemented

No known issues...

2. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Nice :) This will be a nice update, I already love Safari 3.0, it's so lightning quick and I've never had it crash.

3. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I've been running the Safari beta before this release and it's been significantly better than the original Safari 3 that comes with Leopard.

I have been using the latest Webkit version because the original Safari 3 had such bad memory leak issues (800mb+ physical memory usage). The Safari 3 beta hasn't risen above 200mb yet and I have been using the browser for the past few days with pretty heavy usage.

Kudos to Apple. Hopefully memory leaks in Safari will be a thing of the past. Gonna install this latest beta now. ;)

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

800MB real memory? is that even possible for a browser? jesus.

Also, Webkit is an open source project, apple might providing funding, but sure credit should goto whoever contribute to the code base around the world.

5. Eluzion macrumors 6502

That's what I said. Some folks tried to argue with me that it wasn't an issue and I should restart my browser every day anyways. :rolleyes:

I thought it was just my Macbook Pro, but I confirmed the problem on my brothers Macbook Pro and on three friends Macbooks. I think there were a few things causing the memory leak, one of which was flash. The Webkit guys fixed most of them but I was still getting some memory leak issues with the latest Webkit (only around 300-350mb which is a huge improvement over 800mb+).

Anyways, I'm running the latest Safari 3.1 beta now but the previous 3.1 beta was working excellent. Hopefully they fixed all the memory leak issues. :)