Safari for Windows: Change RSS Refresh Rate

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by santabanta, Apr 29, 2008.

1. santabanta macrumors newbie

Just downloaded Safari for windows...im such a Mac fan that i have even betrayed firefox...but serioulsy...Safari is LIGHTNING FAST

anyways...question: how do i change the refresh rate of RSS bookmarks in safari? I want like 5 mins instead of 30 for which they give the option :confused:

also..can i have multiple user profiles in safari like i did in firefox?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I would think you could use a custom RSS refresh rate by editing the Safari plist file - however, every time you change a preference your custom setting would be overwritten.

As for your second question, no - and why? Firefox's multiple profile support isn't really needed anymore - its primary reason for existing was to allow operating systems without true multi-user support (such as Mac OS 9 and earlier, Windows Me and earlier) to simulate multiple users for Firefox.

3. MikeyTLD macrumors newbie

Profiles in Safari

While I understand you reasoning I have to say I disagree. I use one login on my computer but use different profiles on Firefox all the time. I have one for work, one for personal, one that is more hobby specific all with different bookmarks and all separate but I don't have to log out of my computer and log into another profile. It is a featue that I would love to see in Safari. I like better than Firefox by far but for the profiles.