Safari for Windows/iCloud for Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by LarryJoe33, Oct 11, 2017.

1. LarryJoe33 macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

Just started a new job at a Windows shop. I was hoping to configure my new machine to integrate with my Apple profile, settings etc. I installed iCloud for Windows and am very happy with the integration of iCloud Drive, Mail, Calendar, Contacts with Windows and Outlook.

I was surprised to see that Bookmarks can not integrate with Safari? It will integrate with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Seems odd that Apple wouldn't build this functionality into iCloud for Windows. I did install Safari and it's clear that it is not the same Safari quality as it is on a Mac and that Apple really isn't supporting it or trying to get market share from Windows users.

Chrome works nicely though with the iCloud extension.

2. Jamovik macrumors member

Apple stopped developing safari for windows years ago. You should upgrade to a modern browser with better security and performance.

3. LarryJoe33 thread starter macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

Yeah, it shows. It was like using a browser from the 90's. Chrome it is. It actually integrates nicely with the iCloud extension for Chrome and iCloud for Windows. All good, I have synchronization which is what I wanted most.

4. Mac03ForLife macrumors regular

Mac03ForLife

I would recommend using Firefox for security purposes. I don't trust google with anything, and Safari is going to be hellishly slow and basically unusable for any of the modern websites. (Mine slows down with twitter, IG, etc)
    Go mozilla! FF Quantum arrives very very soon!