Safari for Windows - Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by roland.g, Apr 4, 2008.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I have been running Safari for Windows since the beta came out and have installed the updates. I use it at work since I am on a PC. But it is really a pain to use because for some reason it doesn't recognize my mouse scrolling where all my other windows programs do. I am using it right now exclusively for my .mac webmail b/c it is so so so much faster. And for just about any page I see the speed improvements, but I can't live w/o scrolling and if I can't get Safari for Windows to scroll, I won't be able to use it for anything other than my mail, b/c it is just too cumbersome.

Any suggestions/ideas to fix this? Please help!

2. DLH macrumors member

What do you mean by mouse scrolling? Do you mean a scroll wheel on your mouse doean't scroll the window contents up and down?

That's working just fine for me on XP using an MS Intellimouse with MS's driver.

What mouse? What driver?

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Yes (Do you mean a scroll wheel on your mouse doean't scroll the window contents up and down?) exactly.

A black Dell mouse with silver seams. 2 main buttons, 2 side buttons, and a scroll wheel/button. Software is Dell Mouse suite. Came with an Optiplex 320 bought last Aug. Core 2 Duo. All my other programs scroll as long as it is the active window. I can even scroll the inactive window by hovering anywhere over it. Except Safari.

I have uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and no fix. It's is really odd and really frustrating.

EDIT: any idea if this will work with a Dell mouse?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/KEYBOARD-and-MOUSE/MICROSOFT/Microsoft-Intellipoint-Driver-61.shtml

4. DLH macrumors member

5. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I got it working by uninstalling the Dell Mouse Suite and installing the MS Intelli Suite. I lost my horizontal scrolling on my mouse and the use of the click-wheel to switch between Applications. But the upside is Safari now scrolls and it is so much faster that I can migrate to using that and ditch IE.

6. edensker macrumors newbie

I am suffering the same problem and it is making me crazy. My mouse is an HP. Is the MS Intelli Suite free for downloading?

7. K-Funk macrumors member

My scroll wheel "works" with Safari, but it only scrolls 2 lines at a time, even though I have the mouse set up to scroll 8 lines at a time. Safari is the only program that scrolling won't work properly with.

It's incredibly frustrating. I tried to install that MS IntelliSuite, but it said I had insufficient disk space, even though I have tons of space on my hard drive.