Safari & Force Quit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andrew D., Jul 4, 2007.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

Well I don't know if it's just me but I have been having to Force Quit Safari because it just won't load properly a lot lately. It might have to do with the beta they released? I installed the beta and used it for a while but it wasn't loading pages so I decided to just switch back to the previous version. I also am a +tab web surfer so I open at least 3-4 tabs the minimum. Could that be the reason? On my Safari I still have the +tab button on my interface for some reason? Any help could be great, thanks a bunch everyone!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So is +tab a Safari plugin or are you just saying you use a lot of tabs at the same time Right now I have a little over eighty tabs open with no problems whatsoever. Safari should be able to handle four tabs quite easily, depending on what the pages are displaying. Has Console picked anything up in its crash logs referring to Safari? If you open a new user account in System Preferences, does Safari act weirdly there too?

3. Andrew D. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the +tab is not a plugin but I think it was added there when I downloaded the Safari Beta.. I think it just stuck since then after I uninstalled it. I don't think the log caught anything about a crash.. Are you using the beta version by any chance? I uninstalled the beta version because I had to keep "refreshing" a new page I would try to go into.. i.e.; I would type in let's say google.com.. then it wouldn't load but I would have to click apple+R then it would load. Bah!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry mate, I still don't quite know what you mean by +tab. :eek:

I'm not using the beta and won't start with Safari 3 until it's ready. In Safari 2 there's a button that looks like a + but is for adding bookmarks.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

You know 80 websites? :eek:

Screenshots please. :)

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

They were all MacRumors tabs. Having said that, a recent census revealed there are at least 75 different websites on the internet.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Over estimated guess, no doubt.