Safari freezes up all the time on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dmx, Jan 23, 2010.

1. dmx macrumors 6502a

Posted this on the Apple Discussion forums but did not get any responses. Anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I included a link to a YouTube video of my problem.

This is a problem I've had ever since I've got my iPhone 3GS. I have done complete resets, restored, etc but that has all failed to fix the problem. I even installed an app to see if all the phones memory was used up - I had plenty free. It is the newest software.

Safari randomly "freezes" up. Links on the page are unresponsive, and new pages cannot be loaded. The buttons on the keyboard "stick". This happens everyday. Sometimes, it happens one time after another, other times, it could happen hours apart. It is just random.

The only way I've been able to fix it is by closing all windows in Safari, and then going to Settings - Safari - Clear History. (When I close all windows, even though I am left with a blank screen, the title of that page is still the title of the page I just closed - not Untitled like it should be). There is no specific sites that it happens on.. it happens on both mobile formatted sites and regular sites.

Heres a video of what my problem is - it's low quality but you should get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Amn331Smjo

Is this a hardware problem? Or a software problem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

This is almost definitely a software problem, although it the lagging could be a hardware problem. What makes me think it is a software problem is the page title problem you are getting. When you restored, did you do so from a backup or try starting a new phone?

DPA