Safari Freezes Up Almost Everytime I Open a Tab

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by waynechriss, Feb 8, 2010.

1. waynechriss macrumors regular

So my Safari has been acting up almost ever since i upgraded to Snow Leopard months ago. Its kinda bad right now though. I do run multiple programs at once on my macbook white, but it seems everytime i open a new tab (within 5 minute intervals of each opening), my Safari freezes up with the beach ball going for 10+ seconds. Sometimes it takes so long i open up Chrome and pull up the website before Safari even opens the new tab. Also none of the apps i run simultaneously freeze or lag, just Safari.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a computer issue or internet issue?

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

See if this helps:
    1. Download OnyX (a free maintenance utility).

10.6 Snow Leopard Link:
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11582

2. Open OnyX and Click Cancel on these two Alert Panels:
    -Cancel the S.M.A.R.T. Box
    -Cancel the Startup Volume Box

3. Enter your Password

4. Click on the Cleaning Tab

5. In each tab, within the Cleaning Tab, execute the command. Check all the boxes in each tab. When its finished in that tab, it will ask you to reboot. Say NO. Go on to the next tab and repeat until all tabs, within the Cleaning Tab, are done. THEN REBOOT.

3. mbestel macrumors member

Flash?

Hi,

Every time that this happens to me it's because of Flash.

Next time it is happening, open the Activity Monitor and see if flash is hogging all the resources.

Alternately, Safari might be in need of a reset.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark

4. vasanth4u macrumors member

vasanth4u

Safari

Trying Reset safari , Remove the plist of safari from your Home Folder , Restart the Computer and check.