Safari freezes when typing url

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freak99, Apr 23, 2011.

1. freak99 macrumors member

I surely can't be the only one to have this issue, but I've searched and can't find any discussion.

Often, whenevever I begin typing a URL in the Safari address bar, the application freezes after I type the first letter, for what seems like 10-20 seconds. It's very annoying and it also happens on my iPhone and iPod.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the URL history loading.

Has anyone else discovered a solution? Or am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Don't use Safari. Use Atomic or iCab. 10x better than Safari and you'll have tabs and have the ability to use swipe gesures.

3. freak99 thread starter macrumors member

Any good solution for syncing bookmarks across devices with icab or atomic?

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You won't be able to sync bookmarks from the iPad safari browser, but you can from anything you have on an iMac, MBP, etc...

5. awsamuel macrumors newbie

me too!

I have the identical problem, though not intermittent -- Safari hangs as soon as I've depressed the 2nd letter in the URL, waits about 30 secs, then inserts the letter and continues as usual. Happens on both iPad and iPhone.

6. freak99 thread starter macrumors member

I was starting to think I was the only one. Are we in the minority on this? Like you, it happens on all of my devices: iphone, ipad and ipod.

7. ninerfan macrumors regular

Respectfully suggesting that you forget using Safari and run, don't walk, to d/l free TERRA. Awesome browser with tabs and bookmarks and fast as blazes.

8. andom macrumors newbie

same problem on iPad

I bought it refurbished, never experienced this before.

9. cole01 macrumors 6502

Original iPad or iPad 2? I found that this used happen much more frequently on iOS 4 before having the dual core

10. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Odd, I have this problem in atomic. I open a new tab and click in the adress bar, as soon as I click the address bar it freezes for like 10 seconds. This can happen with only 2 tabs open.