Safari Freezing and dropped calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by draperm25, Sep 18, 2008.

1. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

Hi all,

I bought a iPhone 3g on PAYG from o2 on tuesday when they were released, but i have noticed that i have had a few dropped calls after about 5 seconds and some after about 5 mins, plus last night my safari froze whilst i was looking, had to turn the phone off for me to get it back to normal.

I have an iPhone 16GB White running 2.1, can i take this back to exchange it or are they all going to be the same?

I did have the first gen iphone and never had any problems then?

2. jbrown425 macrumors newbie

iPhone 3g problems

I have the exact same problems with a 8gb 2.1 phone.
    I never had any dropped calls or freezing on the original iPhone or before updating to 2.1

3. draperm25 thread starter macrumors regular

draperm25

well i rang apple support and they said that i had to take it back because they cant do anything more once it freezes, you have to send it for repair if its after the 14 day period,

so i took it back to my o2 store and they said that i can just exchange it straight over or have a refund, as i only bought mine on tues as PAYG, no probs, however they didnt have any white ones instock so they said to keep it on you and they gona ring me when they get one instock, should be tomorrow hopefully

4. jbrown425 macrumors newbie

Problem solved

well, Apple support finally sent me to the Apple store for a replacement. I went yesterday after all of their other suggestions failed to correct the problem. New phone works great..... So far

5. draperm25 thread starter macrumors regular

draperm25

just picked mine up just now syncing everything now so fingers crossed