Safari freezing on MacRumors?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by observer, Aug 24, 2009.

1. observer macrumors member

For the past few days, when I try to open MacRumors, Safari 4 freezes with an everlasting pinwheel, and I have to force quit. (I'm posting now from a Windows machine ....) I think maybe it's the "Fubar" ad that's causing problems. All other sites work fine.

How do I prevent Safari from getting stuck like this?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I've seen other people post that from Firefox (if memory serves) they get a message about a script that is taking too long related to a Flash ad. It's likely the same type of ads causing the problem and Safari simply can't recover from it. Just another reason to turn off the flash plugin.

3. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Not if you you a web based mail account like hotmail or gmail. I also updated to Safari 4.x and have a the same problem going from the most used web site feature to this website. It crashes Safari every time and I have to force quit. I am still running Tiger, which I believe has somthing to do with it as well.:apple:

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I have crash and freeze problems with Safari and Yahoo mail. I keep reporting to Apple and hope they can patch it. Firefox seems to handle most tasks that crash Safari. I want to stick with Apple but may switch my browser to Firefox. Access to MR is no problem from either browser. I rum SL on a late '08 MBP.

Dale