Safari frequently crashing while typing a post in this and other forums?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Megalobyte, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I don't have too many issues with IOS5, except one that makes it impossible to post anything to any forum with my 4s.

Safari isn't crashing for me in too many other areas, but, I'll be typing a forum post, and safari just closes up as I'm typing out my post, about 75% of the time, and of course, I lose whatever I had typed into the text box.

So, I can't really even take a chance anymore, as I get pretty annoyed when I type in a post, and before I can submit it, it disappears as Safari crashes and closes. I just gave up after it kept happening with regularity.

The odd thing is, Safari isn't crashing for me in other ways or areas, it seems limited to only when I'm typing text into a window, as you would on a forum when writing a post, or a response to one, it usually takes a minute or 2 before it crashes, which is actually bad, as it gives me more time to invest in the typing, only to watch it *poof*, disappear. :) Which is why, I no longer even try, and am typing this on my laptop.

Anybody else?

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Not on my 4S but on my iPad 2 and only on AVForums. :confused:

3. Megalobyte thread starter macrumors 6502a

Strange. Only happens on my 4s and only when trying to post to certain forums.

I hope we're not alone. :)