Safari frequently crashing...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by manosaurus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

Is this happening to anyone else? It started a few days ago. It has crashed on me at least 20 times in the last 2 days and I would say that it has only crashed 20 times MAYBE in the last 3 or 4 years total. Wierd.

I am using Safari 2.0.4 and not the beta, btw.

2. rijiMacDij macrumors regular

every now and then it crashes its ass off and then it's all better again. i think it gets worried that i'm enjoying firefox 2 much and decides to get its sh*t together.

seriously is you os fully up to date?

3. mac000 macrumors 6502a

ya same problem here at least 20 times in 2 days.

i downloaded opera 9 for mac, its nice.

4. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

I am having the exact same problem...

CrashReporter has said

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001)

or Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002)

for each of the crashes...never used the beta, and nothing really new on the system?

5. DinnyHoon macrumors member

Safari 2 always used to crash for me. Now that I'm on the beta, I haven't had a single crash.

6. epiphany macrumors regular

Mine used to crash at least 3 times/day for the past year. It stopped crashing after the 2007-004 and -005 updates. It's inexplicable, but I'm not complaining. The updates also fixed a problem where online coupons (such as from Blockbuster) wouldn't display.

I also had cleared the cache and rebooted. Sometimes that helped.

7. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Someone should add- just because more than one person here has multiple crashes in Safari, it doesn't mean it's normal. Safari shouldn't crash at all, never mind 20 times a day. Mine may have crashed once or twice in the past couple of years.

8. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

i have had safari 2 crash on me about 6 times since i installed tiger on my Beige G3 that was back in 10.4.3 to 10.4.9.

beta seems a bit better. i just installed it and playing around with it to see if allot has been fixed.

9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Agreed. I have been running Safari exclusively for more than two years, and I can count on one hand the number of times it's crashed. To the OP, I'd take a look at your machine to see if this might be a harbinger of things to come.

10. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

It's great to hear that someone else has the exact same experience with Safari as I do! I downloaded Opera, and its nice, then Safari decided to get stable again. Safari is toying with my head, I'm sure of it... :D