Safari functionality

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by arenbezdikian, Feb 25, 2014.

1. arenbezdikian macrumors newbie

Hey all,

this is my first time posting on this forum. Basically, I ordered a Macbook pro last week, should be arriving in the next couple of days, and was wondering about a certain functionality on Safari, and whether it is present.
    The main reason I use Google Chrome on my Windows machine is because of the tab to search functionality, and I'm wondering if there's anything equivalent to that on Safari, or maybe some kind of extension/add-on.

Thanks in advance.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I'm not sure what you mean by "tab to search" - but if you need a particular feature in an app, then there's no reason that you can't also use Chrome on your Mac. It would be nice, I suppose, if Safari provides that function (I don't know), but not really necessary if Chrome suits your needs.

3. arenbezdikian thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.

this is how they explain it on the chrome services website:
    Search a specific site (tab to search)
    Start typing the web address of the site you want to search in the address bar. If Google Chrome has a record of the site's search engine, it automatically offers you the option to search that site. If you remember the search engine's keyword, you can also type the keyword in the address bar. Press Tab to choose the search engine, type your search term, then press Enter.

hopes this helps.