safari glitch and "invalid drawable" message in console (please help!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gusterfan, Jun 7, 2010.

1. gusterfan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I originally thought this was a side effect of my 8600M GT failing, but the video card has been replaced and this problem is still occurring. I attached a screenshot of what top sites looks like for me whenever i open a new tab while the current tab is zooming in to a top site after i click on one. if i wait for the end of the zoom in graphic effect, then i don't have any problems. After replacing the whole logic board, the genius bar reps have come to the conclusion that this must be a software issue. I'd like to avoid a complete reinstall (already tried an archive install), so if you have any ideas what might possibly be causing this problem please help! Whenever this error occurs, the console reads:

6/7/10 11:51:05 PM [0x0-0x23023].com.apple.Safari[983] Mon Jun 7 23:51:05 david-corens-macbook-pro-2.local Safari[983] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid drawable

i dont have much of an idea what any of that means.

Thank you for any advice or tips!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. chocolate
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Invalid Drawable

I am getting the same error and freeze (repeated) of Safari 5 on a Mac Mini 4GB. Usually occurs when loading webpage with ads' running (such as in several newspaper web sites

This did not happen with previous ver. of Safari n same sites, and does not occur with Chrome of Firefox.

3. Doctor Q
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think Apple knows about this problem and if it's a bug in Safari I expect it to be fixed the next time you get an updated version.

4. celticpride678
    Expand Collapse

celticpride678

I personally haven't experienced it, but I have heard reports of it.

5. Keniff
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Keniff

KILL SAFARI 5, WITH ROCKS AND STONES AND STICKS OF FIRE!

That's all I have to say.....
    Except what I just said, just then