safari glitch- software 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by parrotheadmjb, Sep 28, 2007.

1. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

why didnt they fix ANY safari glitches in the firmware update? music still stops when surfing, it crashes, etc.

2. themiracle macrumors regular

It's more a problem with the OS as a whole not Safari itself. Safari just uses so much memory that it causes things to crash. Same story on the iPhone.

3. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I surfed for a while tonight and it didn't crash...

I have a theory...how much free space do you have on your iPod Touch? I have about 700 MB free...I'm wondering/betting the Touch uses every bit of it as virtual memory..

4. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

mine has crashed a few times. It usually has a cow when you have a few pages open and listening to music at the same time.

5. oreoremix42 macrumors newbie

I have never had a problem and i have had up 4 pages at once before and downloading music off of itunes

6. parrotheadmjb thread starter macrumors 6502

i think the worst page to open in safari is aol.com

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Mine will stop playing music when I am using Safari. It actually appears to be WORSE with 1.1.1 than it was with 1.1.

I will shuffle a fairly large playlist (1800 tracks) and browse a fairly low-bandwidth site like forums.macrumors.com.

The music will stop, sometimes after just one track. Then it will start playing all of the songs in the playlist alphabetically, kind of like it doesn't have enough resources to handle the next song on Shuffle Play.

It's a bit disappointing that they can't get this kind of basic functionality working within months of the iPhone release. I'm sure if MS released a product with these bugs people would be screaming for the head of Bill Gates on a stick, but when Apple releases sub par software everyone says "it's ok, they will fix it eventually".

8. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Yeah, I've had more issues with 1.1.1 then previously as well. Before I really didn't have any problems with it, although sometimes listening to music while browsing safari would cause my music to stop playing. Now though, it seems like I'm finding a lot of songs that won't play at all, they play fine in iTunes and in my old iPod mini but not on my Touch unless I use iTunes to convert it to mp3 again, Safari takes forever to load in places where I know the signal is just fine, and every now and then I have to turn the iPod off completely and power it up again just to join a Wifi network because even though the Touch finds the networks it can't join them for some odd reason unless I restart the thing. All while in the same exact place I know it worked perfectly before, too. Apple seriously needs to get a quality update out.