Safari glitching ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by close2reality, Mar 31, 2015.

1. close2reality macrumors 6502

Has anyone else ran into this? Seems to only happen in Safari.

Mid 14 15" MBP

2. close2reality thread starter macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

• SS.jpg
      SS.jpg
      File size:
      725.3 KB
      Views:
  3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I'm thinking a faulty plugin/extension. It looks like a small window trying to render but failing. Perhaps a popup advertisement or something like that?

4. close2reality thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a straight forward way to repair safari?

My concern is the NVIDA 750M, as long as this board can make me feel comfortable it's not the issue I will feel better about it.

5. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Well, first you need to find out what is causing the symptom(s) and then you'll be better informed as to the correct path to follow. If this is a glitch in an extension, you could try disabling them all and then re-enabling them one-at-a-time to see if one of them is causing problems. That would be my first course of action.

6. close2reality thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't have any extensions now that I look.

7. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Does the problem happen on every site that you visit? If it's just a specific site, you could try clearing history, data, cookies, etc. for that site and try opening it again. Barring that, my next idea is to clear all history and data and re-open Safari.

8. Velvia12 macrumors newbie

This happens in Safari for me as well. Has been discussed before see here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1835412

I still don't understand why this happens on a mid 2014 laptops when you would expect apple to have ironed out glitches like this happening while using there own browser. Has anyone had a response from apple or solved it themselves?