Safari & Google Images: When does it download or display?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bLiss, Jun 18, 2008.

1. bLiss macrumors member

bLiss

I'm curious if anyone knows the reason behind this ..

When browsing Google Images, I click the thumbnail and then click the thumbnail at the upper frame of the page (because I want to blow up the picture and not see the whole page). Sometimes, and I never know when it will be, the image gets downloaded to my Downloads folder and loaded in Preview rather than viewed directly in Safari.

What's the meaning of this and can I force Safari to display the image? The downloading can be a real annoyance.

2. bLiss thread starter macrumors member

bLiss

If anyone knows if this has been answered in another thread please tell me. It's kind of hard to search for this issue nevertheless I haven't found anything.

Thanks

3. ricardoperez macrumors newbie

I also have the same problem. Its soooo incredibly annoying how it downloads SOME images but simply displays others. I don't want it to download anything unless I tell it to, so if anyone knows how I can stop Safari from automatically downloading images please let me know. Thanks.

4. michaelaye macrumors newbie

michaelaye

Yes please, annoying here too!
    How can I stop that?
    Best regards,
    Michael

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I'm bumping this thread because I'm equally annoyed by this as you guys. Any terminal commands to make it stop?? :mad:

6. kolax macrumors G3

7. BBCuk macrumors newbie

BBCuk

yeah i never really got why this happens, for some reason only on macs. it also happens with firefox too

8. BBCuk macrumors newbie

BBCuk