Safari / Google login hassle....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jaythered, Jul 20, 2010.

1. jaythered macrumors newbie

Hi! I am new to the world of Macs and in fact just purchased my first computer, an iMac. So far I love it but for several anomalies that are driving me crazy...and I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place.

The first thing that is driving me bonkers is whenever I login to gmail I get an irritating message "Safari wants to use your confidential info. stored in your keychain" Then three choice buttons. How do I get rid of this? Do I need to reset my keychain login sequence? I do not want to choose Always allow because that makes it too easy to access..

Also I continually get informational popup messages whenever I click something in gmail or on a website. Instead of going directly to where I want to go the click prompts the popup menu of choices...crazy to me!

The last thing I would love to know...is it alright to completely shutoff your system after logout, including the ATT modem and lrocstor harddrive?

thanks, jay

2. MacKeeperFanMod macrumors regular

MacKeeperFanMod

If you go to Safari -> Preferences -> Autofill and uncheck all the boxes, it will stop prompting you for keychain access.
    [​IMG]

What message? You can make a screenshot?

It is desirable to completely computer shutoff. Hard disk preferably turn off. Modem - can do not turn off.

Good luck!:)

3. jaythered thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help!

That did the trick! I first noticed the problem when I loaded Google Chrome and it kept prompting me for the login...wanted me to add it to the keychain, evidently only some applications and websites are set up to prompt in that way, but by unchecking all the boxes my problem went away.

I am sorry I don't know how to do a screen shot re: the pop-ups. The best way I can explain it is say I'm in Gmail, I go to check the box in front of the message, in order to move it or delete it and I'll get an irritating popup menu. Same with other clicks I might make to open another window...

but thanks for that help!

jaythered

4. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

You can take a screenshot by pressing Command+Shift+3.

You can also take a picture of only a certain portion of the screen by pressing Command+Shift+4, and making a selection.