Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSixtyForce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
So I've been having this issue ever since I got my MBPR 15. Any google related sites/services such as youtube, gmail, and the default search bar, would sometimes not load on Safari throughout the day. Emptying the cache sometimes help and also turning the wifi on and off. This happens on every wifi network I'm connected to. It does not happen on Firefox, Chrome, or Opera. What can be causing this? I've also uninstalled all extensions and the problem still persist.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
It is as you have observed, simply the fact that Apple software and Google do not play nicely together. Until Apple decides it's in their best interests to do so this problem will persist. For that reason, other than testing purposes, I abandoned Safari a long time ago as my go to browser and moved to Chrome. Lately I have become a little bored with Chrome's bells and whistles and moved on to Opera but if you want to use Google services there is no doubt that Google Chrome will give you the best results.

TheSixtyForce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2015
That's disappointing to hear. I generally use Safari as my browser of choice because of its low power usage. Chrome cuts battery life in half...And also because of iCloud keychain.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
That's disappointing to hear. I generally use Safari as my browser of choice because of its low power usage. Chrome cuts battery life in half...And also because of iCloud keychain.
Battery usage is one of those "bells and whistles" problems I mentioned and why I'm using Opera. But iCloud KeyChain? Do you mean you have all of your site passwords in Keychain?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.