iPhone Safari hanging whilst loading websites

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sunking101, Apr 12, 2015.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Does this happen to anyone else? I have experienced this issue on the iPhone 4, 5 and 6+ through various versions of iOS.

Quite frequently a webpage will stall or hang when the blue bar is approx 1/7th of the way across. I could leave it for an hour and it would get no further, however force-closing the app and reopening Safari will cure the issue for a while.
    It happens with no other browser on the same phones, so is purely a Safari issue. I just live with it as I can see no way of ever fixing it, unless of course Apple cure whatever the bug is.
    I can't see how this could only be affecting me as it has happened on numerous iPhones now over a good number of years.

[​IMG]

2. Mansu944 macrumors regular

Happens all the time on my 6+. I usually need to do a hard boot.

3. leon.guan macrumors newbie

Check my latest thread, I am having same issue here.

Have this after upgraded to 8.3, restore to 8.2 is fine. But now Apple has closed the door.

After upgraded to 8.3, it will be fine at first, but restore with my old data, the problem will came back soon. Type anything in address bar will lead to empty list below, hit GO button has no response. Can see 100% CPU utilization in log for Safari.

Reset network settings and clear Safari data doesn't help at all.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Macrumors sometimes stalls, so I hit the "x" and then the reload.

5. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

That never works for me, only force-closing the app and starting again cures the bottleneck. Like I say, this isn't an iOS8 problem as such, it has been knocking around ever since I started using iPhones 4 or 5 years ago. Not sure what the heck it can be because I've had it with three different iPhones now, and countless versions of iOS. Every now and again a website (any, at random) will stall whilst loading.

6. JohnCrichton macrumors member

JohnCrichton

Yes this also happens to my iPhone 6 plus! Safari went from slow on ios 8.2 to hardly usable#

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

When this happens, yeah I close down the tab and try again. Or I'll switch from WiFi to LTE to get around issue.

8. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

Yes, this bug rarely if ever occurs whilst using cellular data.