Safari having pinwheel hang-ups more and more!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rawdawg, Oct 5, 2009.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

This has been ongoing since I upgraded to Safari 4.0 in my new uMBP 17" running 10.5. Since then I've upgraded Safari to the most recent 4.0.3 always hoping this issue will get fixed.

Instead it is happening more and more frequently. Because it could be a number of things I've avoided posting here about it. Yesterday I upgraded to 10.6 (Snow Leopard) hoping that would resolve it but no. At this point I can't stand it and want to throw my machine out the window. Here's the specifics.

The spinning pinwheel of frustration lasts anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute, expect after I upgraded to 10.6-- now sometimes after a minute I force quit from frustration.

I run Little Snitch and always deny random things on Yahoo mail so perhaps denying some of these things cause it. I also run a lot of RAM intense software (AE, FCP) very often and thought this could take a toll, but this happens even after a fresh restart with only Safari being the only application running or even opened.

I have 4Gb RAM. It's so frustrating I'll probably go back to Firefox but thought maybe this has come up before. Any ideas?

2. Queenredspecial macrumors regular

I am having the same problem, but in tiger.

I really don't understand. Hope someone responds. :)

3. celticpride678

4. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

same things been happening to me. never had a problem with safari until yesterday, then it started crapping out on me with any site with video. can't go to youtube main page, can't go to apple trailers, can't go to hulu. what the eff.

5. merimac macrumors newbie

Same here, too. I am a returning Mac user (after a 15-yr hiatus) and keep getting the pinwheel - often - that stalls my computer/work. I don't have alot of stuff open, either. I have a brand new 17" MacBook Pro, running OS 10.6 and Safari 4.0.3.

6. Meltdown macrumors newbie

Maybe plugins are to blame? Have you any installed? I know there were issues with Glims and upgrading to 10.6

Try PlugINCool - it'll show any you've got and let you easily remove the unnecessary ones.

7. gasport macrumors 6502

gasport

Safari is terribly slow compared to Firefox. Not sure what it causing it but it takes forever to load a page. Same page in Firefox is much quicker.

8. 66Replica macrumors newbie

I had this problem. Solved by deleting all input manager mods and restarting the computer. I was getting pinwheels every 20 minutes or so, I haven't gotten one in the past 2 weeks after removing input managers. I'm also now running ClickToFlash which cuts down on a lot of Flash crashes. (Flash is the most poorly programmed OSX app ever)