Safari hijacked?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tjevans, Oct 14, 2007.

1. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

I was at a conference this past week. The facility had free wifi which I took advantage of. On my last day, I started receiving the following message when starting Safari (and firefox, too, so I guess Safari is not the problem):

"Anomalous Behavior Detected -- Request Blocked
    Your computer was automatically blacklisted (blocked) by the network due to an abnormal amount of activity originating from your connection. It is possible that your computer is infected with a worm and/or virus. Please contact your network administrator for assistance or more information. "

Ok, I just figured it was some kind of anamoly caused by using my MBP and the network preferred windows machines.

I have now returned home, and I continue to receive this message when I start a browser, whether I am using my WPA-encrypted wireless router or a wired connection.

Any idea what I should do?

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Look in the Activity Monitor network section.See what it's doing and what processes are running.

3. tjevans thread starter macrumors member

tjevans

Well, after I posted, it seems that clearing my history and cache (with Onyx) seems to have solved the problem.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You probably would have been to just refresh the page and replace the cache in Safari.

I'm not a fan of OnyX after it trashed my Spotlight comments.