Safari home page changing by itself??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BitterB, Apr 26, 2008.

1. BitterB macrumors member

Alright, still new to Mac, but this one has me puzzled. Occasionally, I'll launch Safari and find that the home page has changed. I haven't changed it intentionally under 'preferences', and it seems to be happening by itself. It does change to a web site I go to periodically, but it's weird. Has anyone ever experienced this??? Is there some sort of keyboard shortcut I'm hitting inadvertently that would change it???

Thanks in advance for the feedback. This is a weird one....almost virus like.

2. Schnebar macrumors 6502

maybe they disguised a link as a "make homepage button"

3. BitterB thread starter macrumors member

Nevermind, problem solved

Nevermind my posting here. I just discovered my wife has been changing the home page!! Guess you could say she didn't like my standard one.

Thanks anyway. Hope you enjoyed the laugh!!:p

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Yes, I'm LOL from this one.

Question though...

Are you and your wife using the same user account? The Mac is a multiuser platform. If you are both using the same account, I'd suggest you set up a separate account for each of you. You could both be admins, but each user account holds their own preferences for applications.

So if your wife doesn't like the homepage she can set it to whatever she likes in her own account, without affecting your homepage setting in your account.