Safari: How to download PDFs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Hi All,

Some company sites I have been visiting have a link to PDF documents ( brochures etc. ), that when I click on them open another Safari window, whch displays the document.

But how do I actually download it so I have the doc on my computer?

cheers all:)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

If you have Leopard, move your mouse around the middle-bottom of the document, a small panel will fade in with: zoom in/out, open in preview and download buttons. The last one is the one you're looking for.

4. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

5. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

6. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

This is the reason I love to use Safari. So easy! It makes me wish I had more PDFs to download :)

7. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

It's one of the things I love about the Mac platform. Sharing documents is a pain in Windows. You usually use .doc files, which are editable, often laid out wrong, and require an application to open. PDFs are the ideal document sharing format (which is why it was created). Using PDFs on Windows is just a PITA. Using PDFs on OSX is ridiculously easy.

My attitude towards the format completely reversed when I bought a Mac. It's very quick to open, laid out perfectly, vector-based, includes all images and fonts, doesn't require any external applications, viewable by anyone on any platform, and doesn't require any 3rd party applications! And it's built in to the OS, so you can print anything as a PDF! It's fantastic. I wish Microsoft would add PDF support to their system, to people aren't annoyed when I email them PDF files.