Safari iCloud sync screwed up on iOS 11.3 / macOS 10.13.4

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by andrewxgx, Apr 20, 2018.

1. andrewxgx macrumors newbie

Hi

i own iPad, iPhone and a Mac, all of them lately update do iOS 11.3/MacOS 10.13.4. After those updates the Safari started to behave like drunk teenager on his first party :/

If i add like 3 pages to reading list on iPhone, and check that on Mac after a while, there is nothing on the reading list, instead there are 3 random pages from recently visited view added as regular bookmarks. Sometimes I add a bookmark on one device, and they sync properly, only to disappear after a while.

Anybody got similar issues? any way of fixing that behavior permanently? any fix from apple?

2. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

Try signing out of iCloud and back in on your devices to see if that helps.

3. C0SM0 macrumors member

I've been having this problem also, and I've found a work around that you could try. After doing some googling, I found a post on some other site that recommended turning off "frequently visited sites" for Safari on all devices. I was skeptical, but the bookmark issue was really annoying, so I tried it...and so far it has worked. It's been a few days since I turned off "frequently visited sites" and so far bookmarks have been syncing normally.

I can't guarantee that it will work for you, but it may be worth a try.

4. friednoodles Suspended

Today I started noticing syncing problems as well - adding a bookmark on one device syncs to other devices, but later disappears again.

5. andrewxgx thread starter macrumors newbie

dear apple, stop if before it spreads ;)

turning off frequently visited sites on all devices works so far. sucks as i use that feature often.